[mythtv-users] Could be a bug....could be finger trouble.....

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 19 22:54:15 UTC 2014

> Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 19:53:20 +0000
> From: anothersname at googlemail.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Could be a bug....could be finger trouble.....
>
> Just as an afterthought...this could be relevent.
>
> I'm doing the recording on the 2nd 'virtual' tuner on the physical tuner....
>
> So....
>
> Have your setup with 1 physical tuner and then 2 'virtual' tuners
>
> Have the first 'virtual' tuner recording the program on say channel 1
>
> Then start a live TV session on that same physical tuner.
>
> Go into Menu, Source and choose the 2nd 'virtual' tuner on that physical tuner.
>
> change channels on the live TV feed to Channel 2
>
> Hit record and then see which metadata it's capturing.

Ok, I tried this. My preferred LiveTV tuner is 16 with virtual tuners on 17-20.
-Scheduled recording of Prog(A) and set it to record on tuner 16. Waited until recording started. Verified in MythWeb recording was on tuner 16 and verified in FE that recording metadata correct.
-Entered LiveTV which started playing Prog(B). Verified in MythWeb LiveTV was on tuner 17.
-Used arrow up/down keys to preview channel change and text box pops up with new program Prog(C). Do not confirm channel change. Hit R to start recording Prog(C). Noted in MythWeb that recording started, however recording started on tuner 1 as per my standard recording preferences.
-Exit LiveTV and go to recording screen. Confirmed Metadata for Prog(A) was still correct. Metadata for Prog(C) was also correct.

Also tried this. My preferred Recording tuner is 1 with virtual tuners on 2-5.
-Scheduled recording of Prog(Z) on tuner 1. Verified in MythWeb recording was on
tuner 1 and verified in FE that recording metadata correct.
-Entered LiveTV which started playing Prog(Y). Verified in MythWeb LiveTV was on tuner 16 (as per LiveTV preferences). Forced LiveTV to tuner 2, still on Prog(Y).
-Used
 arrow up/down keys to preview channel change and text box pops up with
new program Prog(X). Do not confirm channel change. Hit R to start recording
Prog(X). Noted in MythWeb that Prog(X) recording started on tuner 3 with LiveTV Prog(Y) on tuner 2.
-Exit
LiveTV and go to recording screen. Confirmed Metadata for Prog(Z) was
still correct. Metadata for Prog(X) was also correct.

Can't reproduce the bug.