[mythtv-users] questions after a .27 upgrade

sangdrax8 sangdrax8 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 17:27:43 UTC 2014

I just finished an upgrade to get me to .27 this weekend.  In the process I
have started using mythbuntu for my backend system.  After the upgrade I
have noticed a few things and was wondering if anyone can confirm if these
are .27, or mythbuntu, or even just something I have done wrong.

1) Mythfilldatabase next run time doesn't seem to be at the bottom of the
status page.  I manually ran mythfilldatabase a few minutes ago and saw
that it does now say that it ran successfully.  I wanted to know when it
was scheduled to run on it's own so I could check back and see if it is
working.  It doesn't display when the next run will be.  I saw a patch in
.26 about time zones causing a problem of not displaying the next run in
mythweb.  Since mythfilldatabase reports the next run in UTC (or Z) and my
box is setup for EST, I am guessing this might be the issue?  Is this still
an issue in .27?  If so has someone patched this in mythbuntu?  If I had
the source I would know how to apply a patch but with this being from a
mythbuntu repo, I am not familiar with how I would go about fixing this.

2) While testing my recordings, I would often schedule a recording from
mythweb.  After seeing that it was working, I could not get it to stop
recording.  I could edit the currently recording show and turn off the
schedule, but it didn't stop.  Again, I don't know if this is mythweb, or
.27 or a combination of the two.  Since it was a test recording, I ended up
just deleting it.  Doing this would stop the recording from continuing, but
that clearly isn't the intended way of stopping it.

3) I was trying to use event's to run mythlink.pl.  My goal was to have it
add a new symlink when a show started recording, and then have it reprocess
all shows when one was expired or deleted (to remove the link for the dead
show).  I have the following settings in my event list, but it does not
seem to have created the links.  I can try and run this in debug mode, but
now I need to find a time after work when nothing is recording so I can do
more tests.  If someone can find something wrong with my events, I would
much appreciate the time savings :)  I can say that when I run the script
my self, it all seems to work.  So I just need to figure out how to get
myth to run it for me.  I know a cron job could get it done, but I would
love to take advantage of these events and make it a little smarter.

EventCmdRecDeleted: sleep 10 &&
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink.pl --link
/mnt/cifs/tv/mythtv --format "%T/%T - %oY-%om-%od - %S"

EventCmdRecExpired: sleep 10 &&
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink.pl --link
/mnt/cifs/tv/mythtv --format "%T/%T - %oY-%om-%od - %S"

EventCmdRecStarted: sleep 10 &&
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink.pl --link
/mnt/cifs/tv/mythtv --chanid %CHANID% --starttime %STARTTIME% --format
"%T/%T - %oY-%om-%od - %S"

Thanks for any help, I know this became quite a long post.