[mythtv-users] Laggy menu navigation in recordings screen

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Tue Feb 18 01:00:26 UTC 2014

Kenneth Emerson <kenneth.emerson at gmail.com> wrote on Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 10:39:25AM -0600:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Bryan Bennetts <bryan.bennetts at gmail.com>wrote:
> > Unfortunately I have yet to find any real time to investigate :( From what
> > I remember I *thought* it was slower when moving to shows with lots of
> > episodes in the list, possibly trying to gather/buffer more information
> > than required but this was mainly speculation.
>
> Bryan:
>
> I have noticed the same thing. Groups with large number of episodes take
> longer to "move by". This continues to lead me to believe it is some kind
> of loading problem.  Since it doesn't happen on the backend, it almost
> certainly has something to do with either the network itself or how myth
> talks to the frontend over the network.

There was discussion of a patch a while ago (1-2 years maybe?) that addressed
the symptoms you're describing. It had to do with inefficient date processing.
Maybe your version is older than when the patch was submitted? Unfortunately I
can't find the patch I'm thinking of, so maybe someone else on the list will
remember it.