[mythtv-users] Running mythtv-setup over X as mythtv user

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Feb 17 22:53:52 UTC 2014

> On Feb 17, 2014, at 3:58 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ok...since it look like I'll need to do this soonish (technical term) I'm wondering if your  'ssh -l mythtv -Y backendserver' requires that the mythtv user have a password? Mythbuntu install, so my mythtv user has no pwd or login.

You can deal with the no password part by using ssh keys. The arch wiki article that comes up as my first google hit looks helpful.

I presume no login means /bin/false as a shell, you can probably get around that by specifying mythtv-setup with the ssh command. e.g.

    ssh -Y mythtv at backendserver mythtv-setup

- George