[mythtv-users] Joy and pain (Daryl McDonald)

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 20:24:12 UTC 2014

Hi Daryl,

I hate unsolved puzles. So since I have an analog card driven by
cx88xx with ir hardware on it and a serial device, I tried to recreate
your situation. The weird thing is I can not get my system to create a
/dev/lirc* device for that cx88xx only a /dev/input/event* device.
Which actually with the modern lirc support in kernel is more logical.
My guess is that your system loads a module, that we haven't yet
found, that does this.
If you have time and feel like it could you post the output of lsmod
(without filter) both with and without your new card.
I will then look at the differences.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven