[mythtv-users] Laggy menu navigation in recordings screen

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 20:19:31 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Kenneth Emerson <kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Bryan Bennetts <bryan.bennetts at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Unfortunately I have yet to find any real time to investigate :( From
>> what I remember I *thought* it was slower when moving to shows with lots of
>> episodes in the list, possibly trying to gather/buffer more information
>> than required but this was mainly speculation.
>>

> Bryan:
>
> I have noticed the same thing. Groups with large number of episodes take
> longer to "move by". This continues to lead me to believe it is some kind
> of loading problem.  Since it doesn't happen on the backend, it almost
> certainly has something to do with either the network itself or how myth
> talks to the frontend over the network.
>
> -- Ken E.

I have the same issue on a brand-new frontend (running on zotac zbox
ID80).  Playback is great, but I get a significant delay when navigating
the watch recordings menu.  I have a feeling it may be due to either lack
of CPU power, or bad nvidia drivers.  I'm using opengl as the theme menu
painter, and get similiar performance under the Qt painter.

I'm currently running ubuntu's packaged version of Nvidia's 331.20 driver.

I'm surprised to hear that others are experiencing this same issue on what
sounds like hardware that hadn't be having the issue in the past?  Has
anyone tried to narrow it down to a changeset and/or version that did work
to one that now doesn't?  Did you guys update your nvidia driver at that
time?

Also, I had posted my experience here on the forum:
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=52