[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime and use of CCI

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 17:16:29 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 4:59 PM, Dustin Oprea <myselfasunder at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have both devices, on Comcast, with cablecards, and the only channel that
> I can't watch and which it seems like I should be able to, is a local
> network station (southeast Florida).

Sounds like you are one of the victims of the bad firmware.
Comcast has the ability to force feed your CableCARD an
updated (or reverted, it is not entirely clear) firmware
image to fix this.

Comcast, a few months ago, acknowledged the issue,
and was validating the real fix (I presume there should
be an entire test plan for new CableCARD firmwares),
and was going to roll it out in the entire area, but I
have not standing on the issue, so pretty much ignored
the conversation.