[mythtv-users] View webcam from Mythtv

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Feb 15 09:43:43 UTC 2014

Greetings all

I'm sure I used to be able to do this but on 0.27 I've failed:(

I have a webcam on a router that uses mjpeg-streamer to make the stream
available from a web page with the camera output embedded in it.

Do I
 * set up an IPTV connection in mythtv-setup,
 * add something to pick up the url from the "Internet Video" selection
(no idea what the plugin is called but it accesses YouTube and TED etc),
 * add a container in the video directory (which is how older versions of
MythVideo worked)
or will it just not work?

Cheers

--