[mythtv-users] TV Overscan

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Thu Feb 13 21:18:05 UTC 2014

On 02/12/2014 10:37 PM, tortise wrote:
> On 13/02/2014 12:28 p.m., Dick Steffens wrote:
>> I have a Panasonic TC-42PX14 Plasma TV. When using an HDMI input it has
>> a 1260 x 720 display resolution. However, it also does overscan. I'm not
>> sure exactly how much, but I do lose about 3/4 of the bar at the top of
>> my "desktop" as well as about 3/4 of the bar at the bottom. I can't tell
>> about how much I'm losing on the two sides.
>>
> Have you read the manual and tried adjusting the screen?

Yes, but not recently until one of the previous posts reminded me of it.
I read the manual too long ago. And, of course, "What do I need to read
that again for?" :-) It actually looks like ZOOM may be appropriate
since it cuts a bit off the top and bottom while not losing any more of
the sides.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens