[mythtv-users] Joy and pain

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 00:00:18 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 5:48 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Hoi Hika,
>

> Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 11:42:10 PM, you wrote:
>

>  Hoi Karl,
>
> Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 11:28:18 PM, you wrote:
>

>  On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hoi Hika, I just tried the rule with the "space \" and without them, I put
> it in with my capture card rules but no change as yet. Was that the right
> place to put it?  Daryl
> Daryl,
>
> That udev rule that Hika provided is intended to add a symlink
> /dev/lircSerial pointing to /dev/lirc1 (probably; could be a different
> number if the card is installed or not). For this test, it doesn't matter
> if your analog card is installed or not (but if it works with the card out,
> it would be good to test it again with the card installed). You can check
> to see if the udev rule is working by ls -lah /dev/lirc*  If you see
> /dev/lircSerial then that part is working and you can move on to fixing
> your lircd configuration to use that symlink.
>
> Karl
>

> The '\' at the en tell it is still the same line so use either with '\' or
> put it all on one line.
> It's just to make it more readable.
> The rule assumes it's using lirc_serial as driver. To be sure run that
> udevadm command on /dev/lirc0
> without the new card. There shouldn't then be a /dev/lirc1. Your out pu
> should then look like:
>
> Udevadm info starts with the device specified by the devpath and then
> walks up the chain of parent devices. It prints for every device
> found, all possible attributes in the udev rules key format.
> A rule to match, can be composed by the attributes of the device
> and the attributes from one single parent device.
>
>   looking at device '/devices/platform/lirc_serial.0/lirc/lirc0':
>     KERNEL=="lirc0"
>     SUBSYSTEM=="lirc"
>     DRIVER==""
>
>   looking at parent device '/devices/platform/lirc_serial.0':
>     KERNELS=="lirc_serial.0"
>     SUBSYSTEMS=="platform"
>     DRIVERS=="lirc_serial"
>
>   looking at parent device '/devices/platform':
>     KERNELS=="platform"
>     SUBSYSTEMS==""
>     DRIVERS==""
>

> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com<hikavdh at gmail.com>
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens
> --
>

> Oh, one small but. If the lirc device created for the new card also uses
> lirc_serial,
> it will create the simlink for both and you will see the last one.
> This however is very unlikely since most build in go through an i2c
> interface and
> [...]

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ ls -lah /dev/lirc*
crw------- 1 root root 250, 0 Feb 12 17:51 /dev/lirc0
crw------- 1 root root 250, 1 Feb 12 17:51 /dev/lirc1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     19 Feb 12 17:51 /dev/lircd -> /var/run/lirc/lircd
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      5 Feb 12 17:51 /dev/lircSerial -> lirc1
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$

But not the blaster:

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ /usr/local/bin/check_stb
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE DCT700 info
irsend: hardware does not support sending
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$

I even tried switching slots in the box, my mobo has four slots PCIe 16,
PCIe, and two PCI, with only two tuners, I left a gap, so they could
breathe better, if both PCI cards are in the IR Blaster doesn't work,
analog and an empty slot, IR works. What should we try next?
All efforts and contributions are greatly appreciated.  Daryl