[mythtv-users] Joy and pain

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 00:54:54 UTC 2014

>>> Especially if the dvd and analog card use the same driver!
>>>

>> It's a hardware issue, I ran the "check_stb" in a terminal and it said
>> "hardware does not support IRSEND. UDEV is co-operating nicely.
>
> About your irblaster, has the new card ir-capability because then the
> event device in /dev/input could have moved.
>

> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens
> --

The first(digital PCIe)card and the second(analog PCI)card worked
great. When I put the third(digital PCI)card in the box the IR blaster
stopped working, evident by the following terminal output:

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ /usr/local/bin/check_stb
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE DCT700 info
irsend: hardware does not support sending
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$

None of the cards are blaster capable, so I use a serial port IR
blaster. The new card is a PCTV 800i, I suppose pulling it would test
if it is having an adverse effect on the IR baster, is there an easier
way?