[mythtv-users] Joy and pain

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Tue Feb 11 23:26:59 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 6:18 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>wrote:

> I just tried running the script from the terminal,with the following
> result:
>
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ /usr/local/bin/change-channel.sh
> irsend: not enough arguments
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$
>
> This is the script:
>
> REMOTE_NAME=DCT700
> cmd="$1"
>
> /usr/local/bin/check_stb 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null || :
> sleep 2
>
> case $cmd in
>     [0-9]*)
>     for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
>         irsend -d /dev/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
>         sleep 0.2
>         # If things work OK with sleep 1, try this for faster channel
> changes:
>         # sleep 0.3
>     done
>         irsend -d /dev/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME OK
> sleep 1
>         irsend -d /dev/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME EXIT
>     ;;
>
>     *)
>         irsend SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $cmd
>         ;;
> esac
>
> Why would this stop running co-incident to installing another tuner?

Hi Daryl,

>From what I can see, this script takes a argument, which looks to be the
channel number.  I'd try running it again with something like

/usr/local/bin/change-channel.sh 901  (pick a valid number)

If that fails to change the channel, the problem is with the script or
possibly the IR-Blaster.  I don't have one of these so I'm not sure what to
tell you to do next.  You could try changing the sleep time in the script
from 0.2 to something greater than 0.2.

My two cents. :)

Jerry