[mythtv-users] Joy and pain

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 23:18:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 3:36 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings mythizens, I installed my third single tuner card
> yesterday,to receive my third TV source, works great, much joy.
> In the process however I've managed to render my second card
> ineffective. It's an analog card receiving a signal from a DCT700 set
> top box, which has worked great for the last six months. Starting up
> my mythbox used to turn on the STB from a "check_stb" script in
> /usr/local/bin. that is called from my "change-channel.sh" also in
> /usr/local//bin. After a not so perfect first attempt to configure the
> third card I got a 0.0 gb recording from the analog card. I later went
> back in and deleted all capture cards and reconfigured them with their
> new order which got the new card working, but leaves the analog card
> not working. The serial port IR blaster is not changing channels nor
> is the "check_stb" checking if the motorola is on or not. Can anyone
> point me in the right direction to diagnose this problem?
>
> I'm running Steppes in myth 0.27 fixes in a Ubuntu 12.04lts desktop
>
> Thanks Daryl

I just tried running the script from the terminal,with the following result:

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ /usr/local/bin/change-channel.sh
irsend: not enough arguments
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$

This is the script:

REMOTE_NAME=DCT700
cmd="$1"

/usr/local/bin/check_stb 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null || :
sleep 2

case $cmd in
    [0-9]*)
    for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
        irsend -d /dev/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
        sleep 0.2
        # If things work OK with sleep 1, try this for faster channel changes:
        # sleep 0.3
    done
        irsend -d /dev/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME OK
sleep 1
        irsend -d /dev/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME EXIT
    ;;

    *)
        irsend SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $cmd
        ;;
esac

Why would this stop running co-incident to installing another tuner?