[mythtv-users] HD playback slight jitter every 10 secs

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 16:04:15 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Angela <angela.schmid at wolke7.net> wrote:

> Have I look at https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12016 which discusses
> jitter with viewing in-progress recordings.

My issue happens on non in-progress recordings also.  The backend is
completely idling (no mythfrontend jobs / recordings) and it still happens.
 I watched the stats during playback on the remote frontend and nothing
suspicious seems to happen with the framerates/buffers/decoder during the
jitter.  However, it happens so fast, it is hard to tell.

I was going to monitor the performance of the networking, but don't know
how to do this, so any suggestions welcomed.  Also will try to monitor the
performance of my disks.