[mythtv-users] Record from mythweb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 11 03:25:00 UTC 2014

On 02/10/2014 04:33 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
> On 11 Feb 2014, at 6:29 am, "Josu Lazkano" wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I use to records lots of program from mythweb interface. But I have a
>> little problem with different sources.
>>
>> I have 2 different sources, 2xDVB-T devices and 2xDVB-S devices. All
>> of them works great, they record all I schedule.
>>
>> If I select "Record only this showing" in a DVB-T source channel and
>> push the "Update Recording Settings" button, it refresh the page and
>> the "Record only this showing" option is marked and the title is in
>> green square. This is the log:

>> But if I want to record a DVB-S source channel, when select the
>> "Record only this showing" option and push the "Update Recording
>> Settings" button, when the web refresh it is marked the "Don't record
>> this program" option and it is not a green square in the program
>> title. It record the title, but I don't know why it doesn't mark as
>> "Record only this showing". This is the log:
> Try just hitting refresh on the webpage a second time (for your DVB-S recordings). I get that behaviour sometimes randomly (1 in 5 scheduled recordings via mythweb). My working hypothesis is that mythweb refreshes faster than the data is populated / updated in the database hence the change is still technically to occur (though only probably a matter of milliseconds away from being done). For me a second refresh always returns the correct information.

Sort of.  MythWeb waits until it gets a reschedule message from the
master backend, then it pulls the data and displays the page--unless
your master backend is slow and the wait times out, in which case, it
just displays the page (with information that will be outdated once your
backend finally finishes the reschedule).

In Josu's case, it's likely that the DVB-S source has many more
channels/scheduled programs, so rescheduling after a change affecting
that source takes longer than changes affecting the DVB-T source.

To "fix":

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/540003#540003

(and, technically, there's an e) get faster hardware (CPU/hard drive or
SSD/...) option you can take)

Mike