[mythtv-users] What happens if MythTV can't find the recorded files?

Jon N jdnandroid at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 00:57:10 UTC 2014

Well, as I am learning, mysql uses 'localhost' to refer to the local
system even if the host name is different, so (as far as I can figure)
if I just leave it along I can move things between machines without
that being an issue.  As it is, when I removed the external recording
drive from the old computer and later put it back MythTV continued
without a hitch.

I did have problems recording a new show though, even though I added
(through mythtv-setup) new paths on an internal HD in existing
recording groups.  The tuner LED (on an HDHomerun) would pop on for a
second then go off.  MythTV said the show was recording, but the file
size was always 0B.  Live TV worked though.  Once I returned the
external drive I was able to record again.  I'm not sure I will ever
need that capability again, but it's not obvious to me why it would
not record.  I assumed it would use any available path in the
recording group even if some paths are not available.  Of course I
should know by now where assumptions can get me :-).

Thanks to all for your help,
Jon