[mythtv-users] Crashed table 'recordedseek'???

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 16:36:35 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Jon N <jdnandroid at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, just as I am about to move the database to a new computer I see
> this message when I start the mysql database server:
>
> "ERROR 144 (HY000) at line 1: Table './mythconverg/recordedseek' is
> marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed"
>
> Can this be fixed?

Maybe.  Depends on how bad the damage is.  First things
first, backup the database using the mythconverg_backup.pl
script.  Twice.  Make sure you know where the backups
are.  Then run the optimize_mythdb.pl script, which will
run a repair (along with the optimize/analyze).  If you are
lucky the explicit repair will work.  It usually does.  If
not, your options get far more complex.