[mythtv-users] mythbackend not starting on mythbuntu ubuntu 13.10

Chris Lewis chrislewis915 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 11:40:51 UTC 2014

OK i have added comments to the file /etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf as below.

# MythTV Backend service

description     "MythTV Backend"
author          "Mario Limonciello <superm1 at ubuntu.com>"

echo "job called" >> /home/chris/backend-startup.log

start on (local-filesystems and net-device-up IFACE!=lo and started
udev-finish)
stop on runlevel [016]

echo "start on working" >> /home/chris/backend-startup.log

#expect fork
kill timeout 10
respawn
respawn limit 2 3600

echo "backend pre-start script begins" >> /home/chris/backend-startup.log

pre-start script
    [ -x /usr/sbin/mysqld ] || exit 0
    for i in `seq 1 30` ; do
       /usr/bin/mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf ping &&
exit 0
       sleep 5
    done
end script

echo "script begins" >> /home/chris/backend-startup.log

script
        ulimit -c unlimited

        test -f /etc/default/locale && . /etc/default/locale || true
        ARGS="--syslog local7"
        sleep 5
        test -f /etc/default/mythtv-backend && .
/etc/default/mythtv-backend || true
        LANG=$LANG exec /usr/bin/mythbackend --user mythtv $ARGS $EXTRA_ARGS
end script

And it get nothing in the log file at all.

Any more ideas?

Chris