[mythtv-users] Repeating MythContext Message: Backend online

Thomas Winteler wintich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 13:41:43 UTC 2014

Hello all

right now i got a new BD/DVD Player which does support DLNA streaming. Now
i watch a recored show from backend server without any problem. At the same
time i start frontend on my notebook and also watch another recorded show.
First if i get the list of recored shows, i get the message about we
disscuss, then while watching i see a lot of dropped packages on the
network card. This happens only if i watch shows over mythtv frontend. Over
DLNA no problem, no dropped packets on the server!

This is strange.. something wired in the protocol of frontend/backend
communication.

As i wrote before, the message box appears if recorded shows are listed and
frontend first time fetch all data including preview picture.

Btw. i have also another video server, which is connected over CIFS to the
backend server and configured as video source.. watching movies from there
on the frontend > no problems...

thanks for having an eye on that...

thomi