[mythtv-users] Status of OpenGL ES2.0 support?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 5 04:58:09 UTC 2014

On 02/04/2014 09:15 PM, Stephen Hocking wrote:

> Hi all, some cursory Googling didn't reveal a definitive answer on
> this - does anyone have any idea? I installed mythfrontend on my
> odroid (quadcore 1.7GHz arm with mali400, allegedly supporting es 2.0)
> and it's almost fast enough for standard def. When I go into settings,
> the only options for scaling/deinterlacing are xv-blit and the various
> software algorithms. Is it a simple matter of the packages (from
> xubuntu 13.10) not being built with the right options?

There's some support for OpenGL ES in MythTV, but it requires a Qt built
with OpenGL ES support.

That said, OpenGL (of any form) as a video renderer will require
software/CPU decode--something that's extremely unlikely to be possible
with your CPU.

MythTV has no support for OpenMAX, which is what you probably want/need.

Mike