[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH records limited channels

Stephen Baker stephen at wildwood.baker.org
Tue Feb 4 14:42:59 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 07:53 -0500, Greg Thompson wrote:
> Steven,
>

> It sounds like either your cable card is not paired correctly, or it
> is  and is in fact Decrypting the stream, but the channel is marked as
> Copy Once. In Either case the Web Site for the Tuner is invaluable in
> figuring out which one is going on. Put the IP of the Tuner in your
> browser and first check the Cable Card Tab to make sure it shows as
> paired correctly, then go to a tuner tab and tune a channel you can't
> get and look for the Copy Freely / Copy Once flag.
>

> (Sorry going off memory here so I can be more precise)
>

> Greg

This is what the web interface shows, which I'm pretty sure is not the
desired value.  Neither Charter Communications nor Ceton Corporation
have been overly helpful in getting to the bottom of the matter.  I'll
have Charter roll a truck so that the technician can tell me, "Gee,
that's a mighty nice setup you have there.  I've never seen one of those
before." (Said with a deep backwoods accent).  Then, I'll punt it back
to Ceton.

Card Authorization: Not Validated, Binding Authentication Complete,
Validation Message not received yet