[mythtv-users] Upgrade From An Old Myth Setup

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 13:36:35 UTC 2014

You'll need to upgrade in two steps I think.

First to .24... Is that available for your distribution?

If not you'll need to backup your database using the mythconverg backup
script, install an old version of a distribution that has .24. Then run
that myth setup and mythfrontend and with all plugins you have been using
installed... Then upgrade to latest version of the distribution and myth.

I would recommend mythbuntu.
I think you will be looking at version 10.04 LTS for .24

Please excuse brevity and pistakes as this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and best regards,
Richard Morton