[mythtv-users] Upgrade From An Old Myth Setup

Scott Souter scott at tbwifi.ca
Mon Feb 3 11:21:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

It's been many years since I"ve made a change to my Mythtv Backend.  My last update was version 0.21.2008.  I was running Mandriva, but looks like I need a change now with them dropping the home user support.  This machine will now be totally dedicated to Mythtv so that may help guide me to the best alternative distro.  The main question I have is what distro is best for using the old Hauppauge PRV-350 cards.  I only use them for A/D conversion now and don't use the output side of the card at all (backend only).  I do however use the IR output signal to switch channels on my Bell (Canada) Satellite box(s).  These set top boxes are essentially the same as Dish in the USA I believe.  Does Mythbuntu 'out of the box' support using the PVR-350 cards as I've described above?

Thank you,
Scott