[mythtv-users] Mythbackend suddenly deleting everything marked for deletion including unwatched

Erik Hjertén erik at hjerten.com
Sun Feb 2 19:13:14 UTC 2014

2014-02-01 14:21, Hika van den Hoven skrev:
> Hoi Mark,
>
> Saturday, February 1, 2014, 1:54:52 PM, you wrote:
>

>>> On 1 Feb 2014, at 10:12 pm, "Tony Gould" <antonyjgould+myth at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> for myth to see a recording you need to have a single record in each of the recorded and recordedprogram tables. If you look at what's there already you should get a sense of the values you need to have in those records
>>>
>>> see http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:DB_Table
>>>
>>> you also need entries in the recordedseek table. This is harder and isn't something you could do manually. There is documentation on the web about how to rebuild, e.g. http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable.
>>>
>>> (I've moved recordings from one version of myth to another version on another machine by populating these 3 tables, but I had all the database entries on the old machine)
>>>
>>> hth
>>>

>> Would this be good scenario for MythArchive? MythArchive the 5-10
>> programs in the last couple of days (to somewhere unaffected by
>> system restore), restore system to last backup before the
>> mass-delete then just MythArchive them back in to the restored system?
>> IIUIC MythArchive will just 'take care' of all the finer details?
>
> My backend is on my fileserver, so there is no frontend there. I have
> a dedicated frontend next to my tv and I have a frontend on my laptop.
> The slave backend connecting and disconnecting is a new system I'm
> building to replace my tv frontend. A possible cause for the regular
> housleeping could be that the option to let the master manage all
> filesystems was checked. I disabled it. There where some live records
> on the new system from testing.
> Thanks about the tips for rebuilding the database. I was thinking the
> other way around. Restore the backup in parallel. Export the needed
> records and importing them in the live database. For at least one
> recordding, maybe two I don't have a record, for it was recorded in
> between the last backup and thjs problem.
I had some issues earlier with the storage group for recordings pointing
to one folder on a very large disk and to one folder on a very small one
(the default folder) This caused my BE to seemingly by random deleting
recordings. It doesn't sound exactly like your problem but it might be
worth checking.

Kind regards
/Erik