[mythtv-users] MythArchive import failing if archived chanid isn't defined on local machine

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Feb 2 03:32:19 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-29 at 14:13 +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
> failed
> partway through the mythutil --copyfile process.

I've seen that in recent past 0.26-0.27..
Except for seektable info, mytharchive native export/import used to work
very reliably.

> The UI shows suggested local values for these fields and for Channel
> Name and Callsign.  At present attempts to change the offered chanid
> 3104 suggest 1104 but won't accept it and just hang.  I can probably
> rescan my Video Sources in a different order to get a match, or perhaps
> just define a matching dummy channel, but this looks like a bug.
>
> ..or am I doing something wrong?

I've successfully(**) mytharchive export/imported 2 recordings (<1GB)
into a isolated BE/FE system (running master) that did not have matching
channel numbers/names/callsign.

I found it strange that it appears to offer options to change these
details but refuses to accept any...

**- no seektable or markup import & TFW buffer warnings..files appear to
be complete. Source USB HDD 2.5" & small 800MB files.

There are recent changes in mytharchivehelper/main.cpp &
D/th-readed-file-writer code.
Changes in mytharchivehelper were meant to fix the seektable/markup
export/import..

When fed with almost unlimited input (e.g. dummy import recorder) the
TFW used to eat all RAM as buffer & corrupt output file & not release
memory.

I would manually copy over the recording after using mytharchive import
to be sure the file is complete & not corrupted.