[mythtv-users] Mythbackend suddenly deleting everything marked for deletion including unwatched

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 1 12:54:52 UTC 2014

> On 1 Feb 2014, at 10:12 pm, "Tony Gould" <antonyjgould+myth at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> for myth to see a recording you need to have a single record in each of the recorded and recordedprogram tables. If you look at what's there already you should get a sense of the values you need to have in those records
>
> see http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:DB_Table
>
> you also need entries in the recordedseek table. This is harder and isn't something you could do manually. There is documentation on the web about how to rebuild, e.g. http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable.
>
> (I've moved recordings from one version of myth to another version on another machine by populating these 3 tables, but I had all the database entries on the old machine)
>
> hth

Would this be good scenario for MythArchive? MythArchive the 5-10 programs in the last couple of days (to somewhere unaffected by system restore), restore system to last backup before the mass-delete then just MythArchive them back in to the restored system?

IIUIC MythArchive will just 'take care' of all the finer details?