[mythtv-users] Suggestions for a stable backend

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Sat Feb 1 12:46:54 UTC 2014

On 31/01/14 03:42, EJS wrote:
> It took a lot of tweaking to get the 2 HVR-1250s to run. I like them
> because they are cheap but would a different card be more stable?  I
> had to install a special version of the motherboard bios to get the
> server to even recognize the second card without crashing.
EJS,

Above particular statement is very suspicious for me. If You need an
special BIOS to have working 2 well known tuners on mobo from well known
vendor - there definitely must be something wrong.
Few Years ago I had very similar case: ASUS mobo with 2xPVR250 and
random hard lookups (whole system freeze, only hard reset helps). Issue
was one of PVR250. I replaced this card to another PVR250 - and started
to have perfectly stable system.

I think You can try remove one tuner and see how it goes. If it will not
better - then stay with one tuner but replace tuners.

BTW: may You little more elaborate about this "special version of the
motherboard bios". How You find it, what is solves, who prepare it, etc...