[mythtv-users] Mythbackend suddenly deleting everything marked for deletion including unwatched

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 1 05:51:34 UTC 2014

> Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 04:52:28 +0100
> From: hikavdh at gmail.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythbackend suddenly deleting everything marked	for deletion including unwatched
>
> Hoi Mark,
>
> Saturday, February 1, 2014, 4:39:58 AM, you wrote:
>

> >> On 1 Feb 2014, at 1:58 pm, "Hika van den Hoven" <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hoi R.G.,

> >> They where physically deleted. To me it seems like it suddenly decided
> >> it needed much more space. To me it sounds like it got some wrong
> >> input about either needed space or available space.  Luckily it
> >> stopped at recordings marked to keep. The deleted recordings I hadn't
> >> yet watched are maybe 3, 5 at the most.
> >> I will look into the logs, but haven't had time. I first had to
> >> secure the volume and undelete what I can.
> >> I'm thinking of restoring last nights backup in parallel and copying
> >> the relevant records.
> >>
> > +1 to seeing what hints are in the logs. Would hate to restore the
> > backup from 24hrs ago for it to just do exactly the same thing 24hrs later.
>
> > I would also secure any recent backups and run a new backup ASAP
> > just to try and keep options available, don't want your best backup
> > to get overwritten by a junk one if your system is set to only keep a couple.
>

> My backups and the backupscript are on the data volume. What is the
> naming of the backupfiles? Among the deleted files there are 18 files
> like "mythconverge_backup-####.pl". where #### is a sequential number.
> I'll undelete them to be sure and I'll move the backupfiles for the
> future elsewhere with the ldap, tdb etc. backups.
> For now the undelete is just past halfway and when that finishes I go
> to bed! I was about to, when it happened.

I don't recognise that backup format, but I assume (hope?) that it is just because of differences between distro's. I'm on Ubuntu and mine are formatted as "mythconverg-1317-20140130055001.sql.gz" ie mythconverg-schema-date. It's probably just me but the '.pl' extension on yours seems very odd.... Did you say you were on Gentoo? Maybe someone else on Gentoo could confirm. To be honest I kind of thought that the (default) format was distro-independent however....