[mythtv-users] cannot play bluray or dvd's in .27

Tony Guadagno tonyg at guadagno.org
Sat Feb 1 04:39:22 UTC 2014

Jean-Yves,

ok, i have made some progress.  first, i don't think i had the aacs keys in place.  i installed them.  but also, your suggestion about the region was very helpful.  this is a new LG drive and you are right, it had no region on it.  I stumbled upon the regionset command and now i am able to play (in vlc and mythtv) some dvds.  I say some because the first on i happened to pick out of a pile (of course) does not play.  the second one i chose does play.
  On the bluray side, i have had less success.  i cannot get 2 different bluray disks to play.  in both cases, vlc throws errors.

On the subject of Bluray, as i learn more about it i am getting the impression that even if i can get aacs encoded discs to play, the new bd+ will never work....is this true?  if so, is there a pay product that i could use (on debian) to integrate with mythtv?

thanks for all your help!!!!

Tony Guadagno

Guadagno Consulting

P 585.703.6700