[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend ignoring Shift in key sequence?

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Wed Dec 31 17:48:19 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 9:41 AM, faginbagin <mythtv at hbuus.com> wrote:

> > From: mythtv-users [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf
> Of Karl Newman
> >
> > I'm trying to get an MCE remote (Ortek VRC-1100) and matching receiver
> working with my new frontend. One snag I appear to be hitting is that the
> key editor recognizes the Shift as part of the key sequence (Ctrl+Shift+F
> >for fast-forward) but the TV Playback seems to drop the Shift, so it sees
> only Ctrl+F, which maps to "Night Mode" by default. Even if I remove the
> Ctrl+F binding from Night Mode, the key sequence is still not recognized
> >for Seek FFWD. Similar for the seek backward (Ctrl+Shift+B is interpreted
> as Ctrl+B which maps to Jump to Beginning). I suspect this is a bug in the
> playback key recognition. Is there an "official" way to fix this? (I could
> >probably just edit the keymapping in MythWeb)
> > Also, are these key mappings typical or "standard" for an MCE remote? It
> would be great if Myth would work with these default mappings
> out-of-the-box. A lot of the buttons do work, but some important ones
> don't. >I'm willing to contribute a patch to improve this if someone can
> point me in the right direction (and if there's any chance that it would be
> accepted!).
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Karl
>
> Hi Karl,
>
> I use this remote as well as the Adesso ARC-1100, which is a rebranded
> Ortek VRC-1100. I wrote a wiki page describing how I set it up a few years
> ago. That wiki page should still be relevant for mythbuntu 12.04, 14.04
> with mythtv 0.27, as I'm still using it.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Adesso_ARC-1100
>
> I think the fact that the FF, Rew keys need to be mapped using
> Ctrl+F,Ctrl+B, instead of Ctrl+Shift+F and Ctrl+Shift+B is a Qt issue, not
> mythtv. And, I use the remote's Clear key for mythtv stop/exit
> functionality since that key generates Esc.
>
> HTH,
> Helen

Thanks, that's helpful. Better than the VRC-1100 page which is also on the
Wiki. I'll add some cross-links between the articles. My primary concern is
getting the main navigation and playback keys working. The shortcut keys
are less critical but I'll try to get as many working as practical. I did
discover the Clear key works as Esc but the Back key is in a more logical
location for that function, which is why I swapped the button mapping.

Thanks,

Karl