[mythtv-users] ECS Liva for frontend - brief report

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Wed Dec 31 17:40:31 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:

> Karl Newman wrote:
>

>> I have a different issue with LiveTV. I can't start it at all. Even with
>> both tuners idle on the backend, if I try to start LiveTV on my Liva it
>> goes to black scree
>>

> Just making sure.  You set the playback profile to VAAPI and the the
> painter to OpenGL?
>
> Doug

Yep, VAAPI works fine for me (for recordings). Audio works as well, but
it's been a little weird. I initially started using HDMI through my
composite converter and taking the stereo output from there to the TV, but
for some reason that seemed to stop working. So, I switched to the analog
audio and that seems to be working fine. But I don't seem to have any
control over the volume. Myth will adjust the mixer, but the volume doesn't
change. More to investigate...

Karl