[mythtv-users] ECS Liva for frontend - brief report

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Wed Dec 31 17:21:42 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 9:08 AM, Phil Wild <phil at holobyte.com.au> wrote:

> On 31 December 2014 at 20:15, Phil Wild <phil at holobyte.com.au> wrote:
>
> > My experience so far...
>
> I seem to have an issue in LiveTV. If I start LiveTV, then bring up
> the schedule (press s), select another channel and then press
> "enter/return", mythbuntu hangs and eventually crashes back to the
> desktop  (error 139).
>
> Is this repeatable.

I have a different issue with LiveTV. I can't start it at all. Even with
both tuners idle on the backend, if I try to start LiveTV on my Liva it
goes to black screen for a while then dumps back to the menu with an error
popup saying "Failed to read first 2048 bytes" or something like that. This
is SD MPEG-2 over gigabit Ethernet, so bandwidth shouldn't be the cause.
Playback of recordings work fine. I haven't dug into the logs yet to figure
out what might be going on.

Karl