[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend ignoring Shift in key sequence?

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Wed Dec 31 14:21:40 UTC 2014

>Thanks, but I'm trying to keep this install slim, with as little extra software as possible. It recognizes the keys from the remote using the built-in HID/event input kernel driver without using lirc; it's just a matter of getting >Myth to either recognize the Shift when in actual usage (this would be preferred but I understand there are some lirc legacy issues with non-case sensitive characters) or getting it to ignore the Shift when assigning the >key (this is what I've done for now--modified keygrabber.cpp to strip out/ignore the Shift).
>Karl

Without lirc, you will lose key repeat settings. Or am I wrong, is it possible to set these somehow with ir-keytable?

Another option is to use ir-keytable with lirc/devinput.
I am still convinced eventlircd is the easiest setup.

Please keep me/us updated on your final setup, and how you solved key repeats (if this is also something you need).

Angela