[mythtv-users] ECS Liva for frontend - brief report

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Wed Dec 31 12:15:32 UTC 2014

I received mine this morning. Purchased from Amazon as I live in Australia.

My experience so far...

I installed Mythbuntu 14.04.1 64 bit without any issues. Mythtv worked
right out of the box.
I'm running wired, yet to try wi-fi.
I'm just in the process of installing PlexHome Theater (I use this
instead of mythvideo)

I cannot power it off the TV USB port (not enough juice)

My biggest problem was plugging in the USB stick to install mythbuntu
at the same time as a mouse and keyboard (only 2 USB ports). An
unpowered USB hub didn't cut it and I needed to dig out a combined
keyboard/mouse thingy to get the install done (Logitech DiNovo mini).

Cheers