[mythtv-users] Live TV broken?

Chris Gentle gentlec at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 02:20:45 UTC 2014

Within the last couple of weeks, my Live TV has started breaking up and
distorting really bad.  I'm not sure exactly when it started but it has
become unwatchable.  I do over-the-air only and have really good signal
strength (90+) coming into my HD Homerun.  I bypassed the HD Homerun and
hooked a TV straight to the antenna to verify that the signal is good.  No
artifacts in the picture at all.  Also switched out the HD Homerun with a
spare one but that didn't make any difference either.
There have been no hardware changes in my myth system in months.

I did a completely fresh installation of Mythbuntu 14.04.1 today just to
see if that would make a difference but it did not.  The problem persists
even after a reinstall.  I recorded a show, copied the recording to another
machine and played back with mplayer.  The recording itself is bad.  The
artifacts show up in the recorded file so I think I've narrowed the problem
to the recording phase rather than playback.

I'm not sure what to look at next.  Any suggestions?  Any new known
problems with Live TV?

Version Info:

MythTV v0.27.4-27-g40506c3
Mythbuntu 14.04.1