[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend ignoring Shift in key sequence?

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Wed Dec 31 00:52:31 UTC 2014

>From: mythtv-users [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Karl Newman
>
>I'm trying to get an MCE remote (Ortek VRC-1100) and matching receiver working with my new frontend. One snag I appear to be hitting is that the key editor recognizes the Shift as part of the key sequence (Ctrl+Shift+F >for fast-forward) but the TV Playback seems to drop the Shift, so it sees only Ctrl+F, which maps to "Night Mode" by default. Even if I remove the Ctrl+F binding from Night Mode, the key sequence is still not recognized >for Seek FFWD. Similar for the seek backward (Ctrl+Shift+B is interpreted as Ctrl+B which maps to Jump to Beginning). I suspect this is a bug in the playback key recognition. Is there an "official" way to fix this? (I could >probably just edit the keymapping in MythWeb)
>Also, are these key mappings typical or "standard" for an MCE remote? It would be great if Myth would work with these default mappings out-of-the-box. A lot of the buttons do work, but some important ones don't. >I'm willing to contribute a patch to improve this if someone can point me in the right direction (and if there's any chance that it would be accepted!).
>Thanks,
>
>Karl

Instead of using lirc, you could use eventlircd, it provides a lirc socket too.
It supports the Ortek VCR-1100 (=Hama MCE as sold in Europe), USBid: 05a4:9881 out of the box.
It uses an intermediate mapping (/etc/eventlircd.d/hama-mce.evmap) to map to your lircrc.
Allows hotplugging using udev.
You can test with irw (myth-frontend should not be running).

Check which lirc socket mythtv uses (log files):
/usr/sbin/eventlircd -f --socket=/var/run/lirc/lircd

http://www.yavdr.org/documentation/de/ch02s03.html (german)

Angela