[mythtv-users] IR blasting with Debian Wheezy (lirc 0.9.0, kernel 3.2.0)

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Dec 30 22:53:21 UTC 2014

On Dec 30, 2014, at 4:28 PM, Jeff Piazza <jeff at jeffpiazza.org> wrote:

> I’ve got a MCEUSB device with IR blaster attached that used to work great at controlling the cable box.
> My channel-change script is reporting:
>
> irsend: command failed: send_once Motorola_QIP6200-2 5
> irsend: hardware does not support sending
>
> I would think this is a pretty common set-up, but I’m not finding any real insights online for getting this to work.  I’d appreciate any insights.

I’m also doing IR blasting on a Debian wheezy box using an mceusb and it works fine with an almost identical setup as yours. The one difference I see is I have:

MODULES=“mceusb"

where you have no modules. Also try a:

grep lirc /var/log/messages

and you should get something like:

kernel: [    5.901973] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 251
kernel: [    5.902535] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (mceusb) registered at minor = 0

Start with the module load and if that doesn’t fix it I’ll look closer at my setup.

- George