[mythtv-users] Everything except Watch TV works

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sat Dec 27 13:07:48 UTC 2014

Hi!

I recently upgraded from a Mythbuntu 12.04 to a 14.04 installation.
Hauppauge HVR-1300 used exclusively for analog cable. On the old system,
things worked with a V4L analog device at /dev/video0 and a IVTV/MPEG2
encoder at /dev/video1. The IVTV wasn't there after database import, I
guess because it's named differently now. Fixed that.

I can tune via
ivtv-tune -d /dev/video1 -t europe-west -c SE8
and
mplayer /dev/video1
delivers video and audio without any issue.

This is without having the ivtv kernel module loaded, so I guess another
module is at work.

However, frontend Watch TV only delivers noise. If I apply the same
ivtv-tune command while Watch TV is running, video will appear, but not
fill the screen, framed in the same noise, with broken audio.

There's nothing enlightening in the frontend and backend logs. What
could it be, throwing Watch TV off?

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: