[mythtv-users] Preventing a file transfer from saturating the network

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Dec 23 15:24:34 UTC 2014

If you just have a single HDHR... do what I did... add a cheap network card
to your backed and connect the HDHR directly to it.

Both devices should get a Link Local address (169.254.x.x) automatically,
so communication to the HDHR shouldn't be an issue (assuming your using the
HDHR device name and not an IP in your mythtv device configuration, which
it does by default)

This completely segments the HDHR away from any other network traffic, so
you can copy files all day long.

Of course it is a possibility that its disk IO causing your problem and not
network bandwidth... this solution will do nothing to resolve that.