[mythtv-users] mythbuntu theme 28.16

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Mon Dec 22 01:06:27 UTC 2014

On 22 December 2014 at 05:56, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> Why do you think mythbuntu was altered for the visually impaired?

There was an update (months ago now) which increased the average text size
by quite a bit. I recall a vocal thread about it at the time.

Some people hugely disliked the decreased density of the Watch Recordings
screen. I don't buy that argument - you still have to scroll as many
presses to select the recording, no matter how many you can see ahead - but
that's how I recall it going.

As for the recent changes to the presentation of folders, it seems to me
that this reveals a weakness in MythUI - it would be nice if it could
autogenerate a better thumbnail for folders specifically, like a generic
folder icon overlaid with a smaller version of the cover art that used to
be displayed, sized to not obscure the outline of the folder icon. If this
is already possible (it didn't seem to be when I looked into modifying the
theme, but I could be wrong) it might be a nice alternative method for
addressing the usability concern which lead to the change.

- Chris