[mythtv-users] Moving to Atlas for UK XMLTV

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 15:32:01 UTC 2014

On 21 December 2014 at 08:15, Martin Moores <moores.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which I assume is due to those channels not existing in my lineup.  The
> odd thing is, the list of unknown xmltv channel identifiers is different
> for each day, like they are picked at random, which would match the oddness
> of the data I am getting!
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin

OK, think I can see what is happening.

Running:

tv_grab_uk_atlas --config-file  /home/user/.xmltv/tv_grub_uk_atlas/config
 --hours 1 --debug

Shows the API call URLs being sent for data, e.g, one of the following for
each channel:

http://atlas.metabroadcast.com/3.0/schedule.json?channel_id=cbbs&from=1419169495&to=1419173095&annotations=extended_description,broadcasts,series_summary,brand_summary,people,channel&publisher=pressassociation.com&apiKey=****APIKEYHERE****

Putting this in a browser gives:

{"error":{"message":"An internal server error
occurred","error_code":"INTERNAL_ERROR","error_id":"b033a50d-049e-492b-917e-425d51f506bb"}}

About one in five refreshes of that URL, I get a page of data back, which
would explain the patchy data I am getting from mythfilldatabase.

Anyone able to test this with their API key?  Would show if it is the
service that is broken or my API key that is limited.

I can also get the "server error" when testing on their admin page:

http://atlas.metabroadcast.com/#apiExplorer

Cheers

Martin