[mythtv-users] mythbuntu theme 28.16

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Sat Dec 20 14:38:55 UTC 2014

On 20 December 2014 at 22:55, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> On 20/12/14 08:25, Michael Watson wrote:
>
>> On 20/12/2014 5:24 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondering when the major change to the Videos section went in as
>>> has severally lowered the WAF factor, while it looks fantastic its rather
>>> busy on the screen.
>>>
>>> I've found an old version on the theme on another frontend 28.10 which
>>> I've copied into my ~/.mythtv/themes/ folder but at what version did the
>>> major change go in?
>>>
>>> also a note to any of the theme admins but its probably a good idea to
>>> send a heads up to the list or fork the theme for any major changes in the
>>> future.
>>>

>> Better still, if its a major change, the call it a new theme, based on
>> the previous one.  I too am not a fan of the Video Section in the new
>> Mythbuntu theme.
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Anthony
>>>

> I think you are being a little ungrateful. Surely it's up to the theme
> designer, the one spending many hours of their time for FREE, to decide
> what the theme should look like not users who mostly have contributed
> nothing to the project? If you don't like it why don't you create a theme
> of your own and make it available to others and see how you like having
> your hard work mocked?
>
> Paul H.

Well ofcourse, but feed back is feed back, I wouldn't take either comments
from myself or Michael as Mocking just constructive criticism and being
open source the users or the devs/themers can take it on board or ignore it.

and further more personally I dont mind it however the wife has spoken :)
and I can see her point of view, there is alot going on and it probably
lends itself to a mainly Movie collection rather than combined
TV/Movie/home video collection.

And like you said if you dont like it use another theme or and older
version of the theme or create your own, but would the mythtv devs release
new features or change functionality without any notice to the users?
why should the themers of which we hold in very high regard be held to any
lesser standard?

Cheers,

Anthony