[mythtv-users] Historical SG now long gone but still try's to scan?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Dec 20 12:50:22 UTC 2014

On 20/12/14 12:14, paul wrote:
> Thanks Hika
>
> Have followed your suggestions, think mine has become a bit of a Frankenstein
> over the years. One day I will export all the recordings and clean install.
>
> Wish there was a way to just wipe the settings from none existent (retired,
> expired, ceased to exist) backend names. I realise it was all my fault,
> hindsight is a wonderful thing. Still have a couple of machines mentioned but it
> now scans the SG which it would not do before. Did try the renaming trick on a
> secondary backend, but they just refuse to go from the DB.
>
> Thank you all for your help, appreciated.
>

> Paul.

There are crude ways to do this which the devs probably wouldn't approve of, but
this one worked for me(tm).

In my case, I only now have a master back end which has all the storage on it. YMMV.

What I did was to update the database manually using mysql. Myth was not
running, of course.

Firstly, I went through and looked at all the tables and discovered which ones
had a 'hostname' field.

Next, I went through the Settings table and deleted all entries that were not
either NULL or that of the master back end. NOTE: This will nuke any front-ends
so you'd have to set them up again. No problem for me at the time.

Next, I updated all hostname fields * that were not NULL * in all other tables
to be that of my master back end (whether they were or not).

The final step was to restart the back end and run the find_orphans.py script to
show up any anomalies. I have had no problems ever since but then my setup was
never that complicated.

--

Mike Perkins