[mythtv-users] Recorded Program Playback Position off by Factor of 2

Larry Kennedy lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 20:16:24 UTC 2014

I record from a HDHR-prime cable card most of the time and lately I've
noticed that some 30-minute  recordings indicate a length of 30 minutes,
but playback stops at the 15-minute mark.  It looks like the entire show
was recorded and this is simply the playback counter ticking off the
seconds very slowly.  Essentially, at half speed.

I searched and found that seektable issues could cause this.  I optimize
the RecordedSeek table daily so it appears to be clean.  I tried running a
user job to rebuild the specific seektable entry for this recording using
mythcommflag --file %FILE% --rebuild but this had no effect.  I then
transcoded the recording to see what would happen.  Afterwards, during
playback, the program was there in its entirety, the program length was
reported at 15 minutes, and the counter ticked off the seconds at half
speed again.

Any ideas?