[mythtv-users] Comcast and Cablecard CGMS copy-once problem

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 18 17:32:58 UTC 2014

On 12/18/2014 11:07 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22)
> <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Does anybody know what version of cablecard firmware was in place before
>> this CGMS copy-once issue came up?
>> Version PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1201 is what I had and has the problem.
>> Comcast has on my request downgraded me to PKEY1.5.2_F.p.3001 and the
>> problem is still the same. I cannot receive USA Network (763).
> 1.5.2-3001 is 3 years old (more or less).  I suspect
> that that should be old enough (but I do not live, nor
> know anyone who lives, in a Comcast Cisco franchise
> to be able to say for sure).  Certainly others have said
> this is a recent change (and 1.5.2 is not at all recent,
> although given how long some MSOs take to roll out
> new CableCARD firmware, it might be recent to them).
>
>> The ceton device shows the message "Copy Generation Management System -
>> Analog: "One Copy" (0x02)". The ceton log still shows these  messages:
> Does the Ceton show a CCI flag?  Is it possible that there
> are multiple issues in play here, in that Comcast is, indeed,
> not sending a CCI=copy_freely for that channel?

The ceton shows "Timed out waiting for CCI" so that indicates there is
no CCI. This is what it shows with both firmwares and I take that to
mean that the cable card is not sending the CCI.

Jan  1 02:46:01 ocur[21]: ocur: [5] Channel is scrambled, expecting CCI
Jan  1 02:46:01 ocur[21]: ocur: [5] Sending ca_pmt to CableCARD for program number 2 index 0
Jan  1 02:46:05 ocur[21]: ocur: WARNING: [5] Timed out waiting for CCI (recvd 0)