[mythtv-users] xmltv-tags

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 15:10:04 UTC 2014

Hoi Michael,

> On 12/17/2014 06:56 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:
>> On 17 December 2014 at 11:12, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>>> Hoi All,
>>>
>>> At present I'm looking for a list of usable tags in the xml-output.
>>> For instance there now is info about wether it's available in HD
>>> 1080i, which is not jet processed.
>> The current XMLTV DTD is here:
>>
>> http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmltv/xmltv/xmltv.dtd?view=markup
>>
>> This is what you want to use if you're writing/managing an XMLTV
>> grabber, even if it's not in the core XMLTV distribution.

> Ah, yes, a very important point.  Any additional XMLTV parsing support
> in MythTV needs to be compliant with the XMLTV standards.  So if there's
> something you want MythTV to support, you'll need to ensure XMLTV
> already supports it or will have to work with XMLTV to add support for
> it.  (Some of the Schedules Direct information will require new support
> in XMLTV, so it should be possible to add support for something new to
> XMLTV.)

> Mike

Thanks for the info! I have added the <video><quality> for the HDTV.
The extended genre info and the real original airdate works great,
although the guide in mythweb being a lot more colorful takes getting
used to. Now come the more complex parts.

If any body wants to test? let me know.
The genre/subgenre translation now is very flexible and can easily be
adapted to your own wishes. The code contains some defaults and the
table gets updated and saved to ~/.xmltv/genre_conversion on every
run, where you can edit it.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven