[mythtv-users] Time to move to an HDMI stick for FEs?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 22:49:55 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone received this stick yet? I ordered on 20 October, was told
>> it would be shipped at the end of that month. I have since then been
>> put off a number of times with the last promise being a firm one that
>> it would ship on 15 December via DHL.
>>
>> On 15 December (yesterday) I get a message that it is stil not
>> available or shipped: "I am sorry it is still delayed now. And the
>> producing department still not lead the mass production now. So so so
>> sorry."
>>
>> I am not even sure what that means. I cannot fathom whether
>> manufacturing has even started.
>>
>> These crooks have 375 orders, some for more than one unit. At US$110 a
>> pop, that is a significant wad of cash they have in exchange for ...
>> nothing!
>>
>> To cap it off the current price has gone UP to US$118.
>>
>> In case it is not clear, I ordered from the page in the OP in this
>> thread, ie http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sell-Mini-PC-with-both-Android-Windows-8-system/2044898752.html

>>> I have been hassling the vendor to ship, and he has now put shipping
>>> off to the 25th. However to appease my grumpiness he is DHLing instead
>>> of china-snail-mail-post.

> I have not received mine yet, but I did get notification on Nov 18th
> that mine shipped.

That's another of their tricks. Aliexpress has a system whereby if the
order isn't shipped within a certain time, the order is automatically
cancelled by the system. So they marked them all as shipped to avoid
automatic cancellation. It was a lie (in my case anyway). This from
the seller on 8 December:

"And in order to keep your order from closed automatically by
aliexpress,we just prefulfill a Chinese tracking,and the tracking
information will be updated in this week."