[mythtv-users] Historical SG now long gone but still try's to scan?

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Dec 15 16:43:14 UTC 2014

On 15 Dec 2014, at 17:32, paul <thannet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Not sure myself what part solved your problem? Only one I understood was setting up another server with the missing name and creating a slave backend? Wonder how that works when your Storage Group actually says when being scanned "Server VS" Now the current server is called "Server" Yeah I know :-) was suffering from lack of originality! And the old one was called "vs"
>
> Did I assume correctly that setting up another server was the answer?

That’s what I did to fix it on my system. In my case it was a long retired experimental slave backend but I believe it would have the same effect for a long gone regular backend.

I installed mythbackend on a spare pc (or a vm would probably suffice) edited config.xml to use the exact hostname of the retired server and configured it as a slave backend. Then I did scan videos and all the old data was cleared out, just removed the slave backend after that and all was well.

If you had a different storage group on the old backend you’d need to configure that on the slave but if it was the same as you have now it will follow across from the master backend.

Bit of a faff just to delete a few (non existent) videos but it does work.

Andre