[mythtv-users] ECS Liva for frontend - brief report

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Mon Dec 15 00:48:03 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 7:37 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:

> Thanks, I've been looking at that page. What does your partition table look
> like? My EFI boot partition ended up as only 2 MiB (since I followed the
> Gentoo install handbook), and according to what I'm reading an EFI partition
> should be between 100-300 MiB.

First, the standard handbook still is BIOS-only - it should certainly
be updated and hopefully once it is migrated to the Wiki that will
happen soon.

Second, the 2MB partition is NOT your ext2 boot partition even if you
are using BIOS.  That is just extra room for grub to use.  The boot
partition in the handbook is 128M, which still seems a bit tight these
days.

Third, none of that applies to you since you're using EFI.  The most
likely problem you're having besides too little space is that your
boot partition has to be FAT32.

--
Rich