[mythtv-users] Fedora 19+ and MCE remote

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sun Dec 14 00:28:59 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Justin Moore <justin.nonwork at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is anyone here running Fedora 19 or 20 and using a Hauppauge MCE remote
> (or a Harmony remote emulating one) with the Microsoft-branded IR receiver?
> The hardware works wonderfully with my old Fedora 14 system, but I can't
> get ir-keytable or irw to see any events.
>
> I've been unable to get it to work and am at my wit's end. I figured I'd
> ask before hitting the list with the wall of text of stuff I've tried so
> far.

You may need to hit us with the wall of text.

ir-keytable does see the device and has the right driver?  You should see
something like this:

eddie% ir-keytable
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event19) with:
        Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce
        Supported protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY SANYO LIRC SHARP other
        Enabled protocols: RC-5 RC-6
        Extra capabilities: <access denied>

Eric